Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bad Oven Bad Oven.....



Wouldn't you know it... Just as I start to get into this blogging thing... my oven decides to act up. I have known for quite some time that I would need to buy a new one soon as my oven is an original- almond color and all. But it has treated me well for the past few years. The stove still works great but the oven seems to be cooking unevenly and takes forever to preheat. And we all know cooking unevenly is a "no no" when it comes to baking. So I am going to share to picture of some of my past baking escapades while I figure out how a new oven fits into my social worker budget.





This picture was taken fairly recently as I helped a friend bake for her daughter's first birthday. The party theme was a garden party theme and I made miniature lady bug cookies for the cupcakes and smash cake. I also baked cupcakes and iced them with buttercream and placed the lady bugs on top of each cupcake. My friend made the large cupcake and iced it with grass icing as well and again we decorated it with some more lady bug cookies. I had a lot of fun baking for this party. I did learn that summer heat and buttercream do not mix as the cupcakes barely made it to the party before melting. I also made some mini butterfly cookies with the ladybugs and we were able to serve the extras on a plate with the cupcakes.

I hope I have enough pictures of past cooking and baking experiments to last me till I can figure out an "oven plan". If not I may do a lot more cooking than baking for a while on this blog. I am hoping that I can find a deal on a dishwasher and oven so I can replace all my older appliances at once.

Thanks again for checking out my blog as it gets a very slow start.

And certainly not lastly in my mind as thoughts and remembrances of 9/11 have been there all day- I send out thoughts and prayers to all families affected by 9/11 on this 10th anniversary.


No comments:

Post a Comment