Thursday, December 15, 2011

This is really what Christmas is all about......

For some reason this holiday season has been a tough one for me. I have found myself procrastinating and putting off holiday "chores" more than usual. For example, I still have not put up a Christmas tree and to be frank I am not sure if I will even put one up. I do have a small miniature tree up and I did put up a few decorations. I also have not bought any cards to mail and again- to be honest am not sure I will even send them out this year. I am struggling because all of these tasks are starting to feel more like chores to me. I am sad over the fact that I feel this way, but am trying to pull myself out of this "funk".

I did get a chance to see zoo lights again this year and although it was a cold- it was a beautiful night and the lights were spectacular. This photo does not in any way really show how amazing and beautiful the lights display is. It seems since I got my iphone I have been neglectful of my other camera. One of these days I would really like to invest in a quality camera so I can really take some amazing pictures. My Dad would have loved me loving photography as much as I do.


The other night I had my nephew over to decorate sugar cookies. I had made some cut outs a couple of nights before and had some icing and sprinkles ready for him. At first he was very hesitant and did not want to decorate, but after his Nana arrived he was ready to go. And he got very into the cookie decorating.

Here is a picture of his sweet little face as he concentrates on spooning sprinkles over everything- oops I mean his cookies.


According to my nephew this is how cookie decorating goes..... Step 1- apply some sprinkles.....

Step 2- apply some more sprinkles......

Step 3- and just in case apply some more sprinkles...

And the finished product looks something like this.....

But the mess never mattered at all.... because he had fun and it warmed my heart seeing him have so much fun.

We made some beautiful cookies the other night... they may not look like the ones I see on some of my favorite cooking and baking blogs, but they were made with love. And I think that is what Christmas memories are all about.

Sending Christmas love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment