Sunday, February 2, 2014

Rueben Dip for the Win

So.... there is this football thing today....
I am not even sure who is playing....
Cause I am a college football girl...
But, I do like food and funny commercials and Bruno Mars...
So maybe.... I will pay attention a little to this football thing...
Want to try out a super healthy, leafy green, fat free, and calorie free appetizer?
Well- this is not that page.  
I am sure that there are all kind of bloggers out there who do healthy, fat free and calorie free...
But, not me....
I don't want to eat like a rabbit.  I want to eat like a tiger.....
Or how I think a tiger might eat....

In honor of the VXIIIVHIII Super Bowl I made Rueben Dip.
Super Creamy and Delicious.




Even Snickers came to check it out.  


If you do not like sauerkraut- be warned... this is not the dip for you.

Happy- can't wait for the Budweiser Clydesdale- Commercial Viewing Day!
Marci






Rueben Dip
  
3-2oz packages of corned beef, chipped and chopped into chunks (I only had two packages- trust me- you want three packages).
1 small- 14 oz can of sauerkraut, drained
1 cup sour cream
8 oz package cream cheese, chunked
12 oz swiss cheese, chunked

Combine in crock pot and look on low for a couple of hours.
Serve with assorted crackers or cocktail bread.   Pumpernickel or rye would be great here.
I only had french bread.
Enjoy warm.  

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! We're trying to walk the line between healthy and not-so-much :-P Makes for an interesting menu sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so good! I LOVE Reubens, I get on a kick with them and eat them constantly for a bit usually in Spring for some reason...haha.
    I will have to try this one soon.

    ReplyDelete