Sunday, November 11, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

I have been avoiding baking here recently.  Not sure why.  I still love it, but have found little time for it.  Actually, I am not sure where any of my time recently has gone. I am falling behind on my tv shows again.   My house needs a deep cleaning- and that one is definitely at the top of my "I want to do it now" list- NOT.

But, I do want to share a simple recipe with all of you for Baked Oatmeal.  I was introduced to Baked Oatmeal by my friend Melinda.   And I have been hooked since.  I find Baked Oatmeal to be soothing and comforting.  And lately, I think I have been needing some comforting.  So I made some Oatmeal.

Here are the ingredients:


It is super simple to throw together on the weekend.  Plus, this dish is especially comforting as the weather grows cooler.   I love curling up with a bowl of this oatmeal on a cold winter day.


I like to eat this oatmeal hot from the oven with milk poured over it.   The milk cools the oatmeal just enough that you can eat it without yelping in pain.   Plus, I like my oatmeal a touch soupy.   The best part of the oatmeal- you can eat it however you want to.  With milk, without milk, with cream, with dried fruit.  You can customize to whatever your family likes.   And I think that this would be a super filling and hot breakfast for Thanksgiving Day.   It would definitely tide you over until the big meal.   Ignore the "burnt" edges.  I might have not paid as much attention as I should have to the clock when baking this.  But- those crispy edges actually tasted great!

I hope everyone is enjoying fall!

Marci

Baked Oatmeal

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk (I use 2%)
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups oatmeal
1 tsp salt

Mix together butter, sugar and eggs.   Add remaining ingredients.  Pour into 8x8 cake pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray.   Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes 

You can add nuts or dried fruit to the baked oatmeal after baking to personalize it to anyone's taste.   I do love dried fruit in mine, but sometimes plain is just what I am craving!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good! To be honest, I love my oatmeal a bit crispy so those edges look perfect to me :) That is exactly how both my husband and I would cook it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy, I have to try this one :)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete