Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Let's get Swiggy with it.....

Swig.  Swiggy. Swiggy Sugar Cookies...
I first saw this recipe on Pinterest... big surprise there...
And I was intrigued.
Claims were thrown about.....
Best Sugar Cookie Ever..
Frosting is to die for....
Swoon Swoon Swoon.
So, I felt a challenge was on..
I made these swiggy cookies.
With pink frosting of course.


The cookie is denser...
Crumblier than a regular sugar cookie.
Not as sweet- almost shortbread like, but not shortbread.
And the frosting.  Good.  Very Good.
But, not life changing.  
I personally would have preferred my butter-cream on top.
The recipe made a lot of cookies.
Which made for a lot of happy co-workers.  


I found the original recipe here.
Vintage Revivals made them and blogged beautifully about them.  
I did make my usual alterations and only put a 1/2 tsp salt in the frosting.  
1 teaspoon seemed like a lot....


In summary, good cookie.  
Fun cookie.
Swiggy Cookies.  
Go out there and get your swig on...

Have a great week everyone!
Marci

1 comment:

  1. They look yummy! I bet my coworkers would like them, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete