Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Doodles

My sweet nephew Doodle had a combined birthday party recently.   His actual birthday is still a few days away but his Mom and her best friend decided to throw a combined party for their children.  And what a party it was..... balloons, popcorn, a jump house, hot dogs, cotton candy and cookies.   

Can you guess what the theme was?  A Circus Party!! And it was perfect.  I made some circus tent cookies to go with the theme.  
Here is a not so good shot of them all wrapped up.  


And here is another not so good picture..... ugh... I am still waiting on that camera tooth fairy!


I  also made some number three cookies because the birthday boy and girl were both turning three!  The three cookies were made with a chocolate cut out cookie recipe. The recipe was a new one I tried.  If I knew the source I would reference them here but it is a recipe I have had saved for a while.   There are no rising agents used in the chocolate cookies which I worried about, but the cookies turned out great.

This day was a special one not only because of the birthday boy, but also because I was able to spend the weekend with my favorite set of twins- my other nephews.   They are always so full of energy and bring me so much joy!

I plan on baking up some cupcakes soon so I can continue to find excuses to make and eat copious amounts of frosting. YUM!

Smiles,
Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment