Thursday, March 8, 2012

March is off to a good start.....

March is shaping up to be one of my favorite months.  First off- it is National Social Work Month.   I am proud to be a social worker and am thrilled to participate in the events planned at my employment.   I wish there were more ways that we could recognize and acknowledge the difficult and fulfilling job that social workers have.   I regret not taking the time to write Oprah and ask her to dedicate one of her "favorite things episodes" to social workers.  I love that she shared one episode with teachers- another difficult job that is often under-recognized.    But, trust me, social workers take the cake.....

Speaking of cake, I made some oreo cupcakes.  They were delicious.  I placed an oreo at the bottom of a cupcake liner, mixed up a white cake mix and topped it off with some homemade buttercream and some more oreos.   And let me tell you.  This butterceam was soooooo good.   I will share more one it later, because I may have fulfilled my-quest-to-find-the-perfect--frosting.   It was that good.


Here is a close up.  And yes my iphone pictures are lacking.   I would love a fancy schmancy camera so I could take pictures that would truly show how good these bad boys are.   So, tooth fairy if you are reading my blog- take note.   And I definitely think a root canal justifies a visit from the tooth fairy... Yep... It does.


Here are some goodies my friend and I baked up the other weekend for a cutie's first birthday.


The favor bags were adorable.  Between my sister, me and my BFF I know we could take on the baking and decorating world.


Next up is my adorable nephew's birthday party.  I will be baking up some more fun goodies for that party.  And my favorite twins in the world will be in town and I cannot wait for their smiles and giggles to fill up my heart.

But the best part of March- it means the end of winter and the beginning of spring.  Bring on the sunshine!

Smiles,
Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment