Thursday, April 5, 2012

Crazy Cravings.....

Before we go any further, I want to put it out there.  I AM NOT pregnant.  But I have been having some weird cravings.  

I played some euchre the other night with some friends and one of them brought some cucumber sandwiches on crackers instead of bread.  And then the cravings hit. I was obsessed. Cucumbers- check, crispy crackers- check, tangy cream cheese- check and fresh dill- check.  I was convinced the cucumbers meant that I was eating healthy.


So I gave into this craving and recreated my own version.   I bought some light rye Wasa Crackers, mixed 8 ounces of cream cheese with about a 1/3 packet of Italian dressing (the dried packet kind) and a few generous dashes of dill.   I spread this mix on the crackers, topped it with some sliced cucumbers and sprinkled some more dill on top.   They were delicious.    The clincher- I had some thin sliced Hennings Garlic Dill Cheddar Cheese which brought my cucumber-open-faced-sandwiches-without-the-bread to a whole another level.   

My stomach is still thanking me.   

On another note, I am headed out of town to see two adorable cuties for the Easter Holiday.   I cannot wait to hide eggs for them and see their cute faces smeared with chocolate love.  I am an auntie and love every minute of it.   

Happy Easter Everyone!

Marci


No comments:

Post a Comment