Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  I hosted my annual brunch for my mom, my sister in law, Oma and friends.  
I made Quiche Lorraine (I will share this recipe soon.  Thank you Lory again for this never fail recipe), blueberry buttermilk cake, mini cinnamon roll waffles, cheesy potatoes (cause you can't have a brunch without cheesy potatoes), fruit, and chicken salad.  


I think I failed to mention that I also made my Mom's favorite cake- Lemonade Cake.   Again, another simple recipe I will be sure to share soon.   Frozen lemonade concentrate is used in the mix and glaze.   It adds a delightful tangy sweetness to the cake.


Here is a close up of the cinnamon roll waffles.  I must admit that inspiration for these came from Pinterest.   You simply take refrigerated cinnamon rolls (I halved mine since my waffle maker is not a Belgian waffle maker) and place a roll in each waffle quarter and cook until done.   My notes from this experience- be sure to spray your waffle iron well as the cinnamon goodness on the top of these rolls tends to burn and get sticky in the waffle iron.   I also made my own glaze to drizzle on top of the waffles.   I think that these waffles were adorable and loved how they looked but was not super impressed with the flavor.   They lost some of their "pow" somehow by cooking them this way.

I did make a mental note that I really do want a Belgian Waffle maker- so family and friends take note.... I know my birthday has already passed but there is always Celebrate Marci Day which luckily comes once a month... twice if I have been extra good.


Brunch was delicious and the only thing that was missing that day was Cheryl.  We missed you!!
I couldn't help but include this picture of the beautiful iris that was blooming last week.   It simply takes my breath away.


Smiles,
Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment