Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

It was a busy weekend. 
Filled with work.  blech.
Fun. Food and Family.
I decided to focus my energy on the Fun Food and Family part. 
I made my cookie version of the flag.  


I can't help but notice the lone white sprinkle on the top red cookie.  
Funny how once you notice something you see it every time you look at a photo.


Cookie Flags are fun.
It is even more fun to share your cookies with coworkers 
and a sweet little girl in the hospital who needs something sweet to eat. 


We had a family cookout yesterday.  
I made my corn salad.  
If you want to try it- check out my recipe here
And.....
I finally got to use my corn zipper....
Remember seeing it in this post?
It was amazing.  Just Amazing.


The best part of family cookouts.
Fire pits.
Drinks by the fire.
Laughs.
and..... SMORES!


How do you like your marshmallows? 
Toasted or burnt??
Me- I love them plain, toasted and burnt.


You could jazz up the traditional Smores with a Reese Peanut Butter Cup.   
It might be tasty.  Very Tasty.
But, I think I like the traditional way best.


I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend as well. 

Smiles,
Marci

1 comment:

  1. I love your flag, the salad I will have to try soon, and marshmallows...every way!
    I LOVE Reeses smores, I found they work best if the Reeses cups are chilled first, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete