Saturday, July 27, 2013

Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies


Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies
Best Idea Ever.  

The filling in these.
Amazing.
Creamy.
mmmmm....


How could anyone resist these?
Kid or adult?
I brought these into work.
They were gone.
Fast.


Again look at that filling.
and I loved the hint of cinnamon in these cookies.


Even my cat was intrigued.  
What do you mean your cats don't like Oatmeal Cream pies?


Make these cookies.
Soon!

I found this recipe from Girl Who Bakes. 
It was a Pinterest find. 
Of course.   
Here is the link to her recipe.

I made some alterations.  
I drastically reduced the amount of sugar in the cream filling.
It sounded way too sweet for me.
I probably only used a half cup of sugar.  
I also did not use any whole wheat flour in the cookie recipe. 
I used all purpose for the flour called for in the recipe.
And they turned out amazing!

Smiles and have a great weekend!!

Marci


1 comment:

  1. Wow, these look good. I'll have to make some for the kiddos sometime...I don't think they've ever had the real thing. And why shouldn't cats like oatmeal cookies? My bird is addicted to ginger snaps :-)

    ReplyDelete