Monday, November 4, 2013

Walking not running....

I bet you all have been wondering where I have been..
I have not been on vacation.
I have not been baking tons of yumminess....
I have not been cleaning my house.. ahem...
I have not been working on world peace....
unless you count my job..
which feels like I am trying to achieve world peace... at times...

But, a couple of weeks ago..
I did complete a goal of mine.  
Just a tiny one.
I completed a half marathon.
Walking not running.. of course.
It was a pretty amazing experience.
But, I can't say I felt that immediately after the race.
I just felt like not moving.
another step. ever.
I am so very glad I did do it.
And I am glad I did it with an amazing couple of gals.
We finished. together.  

We all participated in the Columbus Half Marathon.  
Which benefits Nationwide Children's Hospital.
At each mile marker in the race- a child and their family cheered the racers along.
But, truly they were the champions as all were facing or had faced a tough medical journey.  


It was my first time going to a marathon expo...


I couldn't believe the shopping.
shoes, shirts, gel stuff (fuel) and amazing things that can help you run (or walk) better.


We all were thinking this at one point...


A few of the goodies I picked up that day.  
And yes- that is King's Hawaiian bread.
They had a booth there and I hit the jackpot in free coupons.
Bread = Carbs... right?


Race map.


Carb Loading....


Very cool pants I need to own..
They have sneaky pockets in the back of the legs where you hide snacks...
like cookies..
or little debbies...


Me... pre-race


And we are off....


And the finish line!!!


We did it!!


The proof is in the medal...or is it pudding....?


I think my next step..
Which probably should have been my first step...
Is to complete a 5k... running...
not walking....
ok...
not running...
jogging...

HappY MondaY everyone!!!
Marci

1 comment: