Saturday, December 8, 2012

Butter, trees and Disco balls

I am a little busy today... with this.... And that is why I do not have any yummy food posts for you.  But, I promise to share some of the yummy cookies I made and some of the recipes I used.  


So instead of food, I am sharing some of my favorite ornaments.  I put up my tree last weekend.  I had some help from an adorable Doodle bug.   He is a big fan of the "clump" method.   Meaning, he likes to clump five to six ornaments together on the same branch.  Needless to say, after he left, I had some ornament rearranging to do.

Here are a few of the ornaments on my tree right now.





One cannot be a baker and not have sweets on their tree.   See that gingerbread boy on the right.  He is one of my favorite ornaments from childhood.  And see those teeth marks in his head.   Those are my teeth marks.   yep.  I tried to eat him when I was young.   He looked so yummy and he used to have a gingerbread smell.  The smell has faded.  The teeth marks have not.

See that Drummer Boy on the left.  He is a silver ornament from my great aunt.  She left me a set of four ornaments and I love them all.   I have few things from my Auntie Bell, but these are very special to me.   And the ornament on the right- homemade with love from a sweet little Griffin- boy.   Homemade ornaments are the best.  

I can't be a crazy cat lady without a few cat ornaments on the tree.   One of my favorite traditions is one my mom started.  My Mom wraps a gift each year and adds on a new ornament.  This mini snow globe is one of the many that I have received from her throughout the years.


And one cannot have a Christmas tree without a sparkly disco ball.   We had one on the tree every year growing up.  In fact, I still have that disco ball ornament.

What kind of ornaments do you have one your tree?  Any special ones?

If you do share your ornaments on your tree- be sure to share a link to your blog in the comments and I will come over and check them out!

Smiles,
Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment