Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's all about the appetizers.....

Do you ever get so excited at appetizers that your forget that there is an actual meal coming later?  Have you ever accidentally filled up entirely on appetizers and then had your mom yell at you because you did not finish your dinner? Does anyone have a recipe file filled with more appetizer recipes than any other type?  

If you answered yes to any of the above then you and I have something in common.   Not that I have ever been yelled at by my mom for not finishing my dinner (just every time we get together for dinner.....).  Well, I hate to tell you- but I am going to feed the appetizer insanity some more.  

This appetizer is simple, delicious and requires minimal fuss and work.   It would be a great appetizer to serve on Christmas Day while you are waiting for dinner to cook.   Just don't let me eat them all.   Cause then I won't want to finish my dinner.  


I wish I was a super-duper-awesome blogger and had precise amounts and measurements to give you- but- alas-I am not a super duper blogger.  Instead, you just get me.   But, I promise- measurements or not- these tomato-mozzarella bites are delicious and easy.


First, head to the antipasta section of your local grocery.   I found sundried tomatoes and herbs in oil on the bar area.  I also have seen these sun dried tomatoes packaged by the grocery in the deli section as well.  Be sure to buy the kind in oil as the oil helps the bread toast in the oven.   The herbs in this variation also made the tomato-mozzarella bites even more tasty.  Slice some french bread and place a couple of tomato slices on the bread and spread the oil all around.  The place a chunk (or two) of fresh mozzarella on top.   Sprinkle on some salt and pepper.   Then broil in the oven till the bread is toasty and the cheese is melted.   Be sure to watch the bites as they can burn easily.


Presto- a quick, simple and delicious appetizer.
What is everyone making for Christmas dinner?  I am not sure what is on the menu since I will be with my sister, but I am going to try a new crockpot recipe for breakfast.   I will share it soon if it turns out as good as I hope it will.

Smiles,
Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment