Saturday, September 22, 2012

Adventures in Apple Picking

Last weekend I headed to Lynd's Fruit Farm with a couple of friends to pick some apples.   And what a great day we had.  

I always love visiting Lynd's Fruit Farm.   They have a fabulous market place where you can buy Lynd's fresh fruit and vegetables and also freshly grown produce from local farmers.   


Lynd's also produces their own line of jams and jellies.


And the apples.  The apples.   The apples.   I cannot recall what apple variety this is.  But, I did eat a few of them.  And they were delicious.


Beautiful.

 


I had to take this picture.   For my Doodles, Cake Butt and Pie.   Plus, it really was a cool and rusted out old tractor.


I met the sweetest lady when I was at Lynd's.   Jenn had a stand set up at the Fruit Farm.   I saw the cupcakes- swoon- initially but, knew that I would come back later.  And when I did she was almost all sold out!   Jenn was so sweet she gave me a cupcake and chocolate covered oreo to take home to try.   I got to try the Chocolate Caramel Corn Cupcake.   It was amazing.   It you are on the east side and want to try out some delicious cupcakes- check out Jenn's Cupcakes and Confections.   Here is her facebook page.


I am really trying to save some apples to I can try out some apple recipes.   But so far it is not looking promising.   I have been eating them..... 


I guess I will just have to go back to Lynd's to get some more apples.  

If you live in Ohio and the central Ohio area- come visit me and Lynd's.

Smiles,
Marci

PS- Lynd's has no clue who I am.  I just like them.




3 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful spot and the cupcake...I am swooning with ya!
    I just love Apple season, I am anxiously awaiting the first delivery of Honey Crisp apples to my store :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to go out there! I used to pick apples at my uncle's farm, and they tasted so much better than what I find in the store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, small world! We are frequent visitors at Lynd's! We were there this weekend and I saw the sweet shop, but it was so crowded we didn't go over. Next time we're there we will check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete