Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cheesy Ranch Rolls

If there are three things that I could not live without in this world- well besides my family (fur and human) I would have to say the three B's.

B-Bacon
B-Bread 
B-Baked Goods

I know I cheated a little with baked goods, but c'mon I cannot choose between cake, brownies and cookies.  I really love them all.  

I do hold a special place in my heart for bread though.   I am a sucker for any restaurant that serves good fresh bread as a starter.   Bravo- bread is good, but that dipping sauce.... mmmmm  Spaghetti Warehouse- best sourdough and garlic butter ever.  I really must recreate the garlic butter.  Cap City Diner- quite possibly the world's most perfect roll.  I could go on.  But, I will spare you all.   

So I decided to create a yummy roll for myself at home.   I used Rhodes frozen dinner rolls because they are quick and simple.   I used the regular method as described on the package to defrost them.  I them took cheese and wrapped each roll around it.  I spread a little softened butter on top of each roll and baked them.  


I then created a ranch butter glaze for the top.   Delicious.   Seriously- who doesn't love ranch butter?  Ok-if you don't- just don't tell me.  Cause we can't be friends then.  just kidding.  maybe.....


I know that the pictures aren't great, but that is oozing cheese in the middle of that roll there.


I think that I want some more of these rolls right now.  For breakfast.   Now that wouldn't be weird at all would it?   I may have eaten three (or four) of these when I made them.   They would be fabulous as a bread side to pasta or even steak.  

Enjoy!
Marci

Recipe:

Package of Rhodes frozen dinner rolls- You will only need 12 for this recipe
3 string cheese sticks cut into fourths
2 TBS melted butter
1 tsp ranch dressing dip packet mix

Defrost your rolls.   Take each roll and wrap it around a piece of cheese and place in a baking dish.   You can lightly butter each roll before baking, but this would be optional.   Bake according to directions on package. I baked mine at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.   I watched mine carefully because I prefer my rolls a little underbaked versus overbaked.   Mix your melted butter and dry ranch dip mix together and brush over cooked rolls.   Enjoy.

And if there is anyone out there who can eat just one of these- please let me know so I can meet them in person.

1 comment: