Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quick and Simple Meals for One or Two

It seems like the baking and blogging world is filled with recipes from everything to drinks to dessert.   And while I am always willing to try out a new recipe- I do sometimes struggle with some of the recipes out there.   So many are family sized entrees.   And being myself, I find it hard to justify making a family sized recipe.   And I know what you are probably thinking- just freeze or eat the leftovers.   Well- the truth is my freezer is a no man's land of icy frozen blocks of nameless food items.  And leftovers- I can only eat them once or twice and then I am done.   

So, I try to cook meals and food items that are simple and can be made in much smaller portions.  

Here are a few of the items that I have made recently.  


Caprese Pasta Salad.  I even added some bacon to mine.  Because crumbled crispy bacon makes everything taste a little bit better.


An old standby that I love.   Eggs.  I can eat eggs anyway and for any meal.   Scrambled eggs for dinner is a favorite of mine.   For dinner I tend to add veggies and cheese.


And one of my favorites- a cold pasta salad with veggies.  I ended up adding some shredded rotisserie chicken to this pasta salad to add some protein    And my favorite dressing- homemade Italian.   Simple and delicious.

Are there any simple recipes or meals that you make for one or two?  Drop me a message and let me know.  I would love to experiment and have some new recipes to try.

Smiles,
Marci
  

No comments:

Post a Comment