Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Creamy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas.

Want a super duper quick and easy weeknight meal?  One that does not involve ordering by a number and talking into a faceless black box.   Well look no further.   Kevin & Amanda has a fabulous recipe on her page for Creamy Chicken Enchiladas.  

And if you keep a better stocked kitchen than I do- I bet you have most of the ingredients already on hand. 


I have been a little weird about cooking meat lately.  So, I bought a Rotisserie Chicken from Kroger's and shredded it.  It worked beautifully.   Plus, I had enough dark meat left over to share with the kitties and mama kitty.  She decided she likes me now that I feed her roti chicken.


Here is a quick-oh-so-not-beautiful Iphone shot of the enchiladas before I put them in the oven.


 And here are the enchiladas all bubbly and browned from the oven.  I love green onions- so I chopped some up and sprinkled them on top.


One enchilada was plenty for dinner for me.  But don't worry this recipe makes 8 large size enchiladas.  I halved the recipe because I have this "thing" with leftovers.  I can only eat them once or twice and then I am "done".  I wanted to make sure I did not waste any of these.   They were delicious right from the oven and warmed up beautifully the next day in my lunch.  

So head over to Kevin & Amanda and make these enchiladas soon.   

Smiles,
Marci


No comments:

Post a Comment